How to Know Your Team Doesn’t Suck
Much has been said about what makes a team healthy, or unhealthy. Books have been written, conferences put on, and yet many times we like to pretend that they are talking about someone else’s team… not yours. So, can you tell if YOUR team is unhealthy? Here are five things that we have seen in healthy teams:
- You actually enjoy being around one another instead of trying to find ways to avoid each other.
- Truth is spoken in love and not in a condescending or condemning way.
- There is an atmosphere of freedom where differences of opinion can be shared without the immediate perception that the person who is disagreeing is somehow disloyal. (BTW, if you are in a meeting and you disagree mentally then you have an obligation to disagree verbally! If you do not feel that freedom then there is a problem!)
- People are willing to walk into the room and ask for help rather than put off the perception that they have it all together.
- No one is trying to prove themselves.
These five indicators came from a list of ten thoughts from Perry Noble… we’d love to hear what YOU’D add.
Click through, catch our take, and let us know what YOU think: