The Apologetic Update Post
I know, it is a bad cliche: infrequent posts over the course of six months, with an occasional apologetic update post.
I really hate those.
Yet here we are.
I would be lying if I said that one year ago I thought I would be living in Texas and going to school. Since our move in December life has moved incredibly fast and I am amazed that it is June. So, how about a run down on just what has been happening here lately:
- I finished my first semester of seminary, and it didn’t kill me. In fact it has been an incredible experience, God has been speaking quite specifically to me about why I am here, and how he has brought us to Waco. I am also pretty stoked because I pulled off a 4.0, which will shock anyone acquainted with my undergraduate experience.
- Theresa and I have plugged into a fantastic church here in Waco.
- Ministry Briefing continues to grow, and we are getting ready to make a few tweaks that I think will make it an even better tool for church leaders.
- XP Briefing launched in March, and has grown like crazy. I am particularly excited about this because it focuses more on the business side of church and covers subjects that aren’t typically covered in seminary.
- My work with eGive has continued, and I have gotten to help dozens of churches leverage online giving to fund ministry.
- We are mostly done unpacking our home, have hosted a bunch of guests in our guest room (come visit!), and are starting to feel settled in Waco… it is a good feeling.
- Today I started my next class: Scriptures I… more on this in a minute.
That’s what has been happening in Texas lately, so let’s talk a little bit about what is going to be happening blog wise in the days to come.
Six weeks ago I decided that I would start regularly blogging again in June. While I have a ton of topics lined up, I was offered the option of blogging for course credit for my scriptures class. This is a bit of a no brainer, so do not be surprised to see a handful of Old Testament related posts over the next few weeks.
That’s the news from Waco…
What’s been happening with YOU?